Much of the funding we receive is restricted to certain countries or projects. But JRS needs to be able to respond quickly when refugees flee conflict and natural disasters in great numbers.
Your unrestricted donation enables us to allocate funds flexibly wherever the greatest need presents itself, and, ultimately, to make a real difference in the lives of those who need it most.
Here are some examples of ways your donations are used in JRS projects.
Your donation of:
- 25 euro enables a woman displaced by the earthquake in Haiti to take part in sociocultural, livelihood and community health activities for one year.
- 50 euro covers the annual cost of education materials for a secondary school student in Dzaleka refugee camp, Malawi, education materials.
- 80 euro assists a returnee in Sohadat, Afghanistan to maintain her family and educate her children for six months.
- 100 euro covers the annual cost of educating a student in a JRS school in a refugee camp in Mae Hong Song, Thailand.
- 160 euro allows a refugee to establish a small business in Johannesburg, South Africa, helping him or her become self-reliant and integrate into the local community.
- 380 euro will cover the annual cost of fees, schoolbooks and a uniform for a refugee child in a nursery school in Nairobi, Kenya.
Your gift is vital in helping us reach those most in need. We are grateful for your support.
US citizens wishing to avail of taxation deductions can donate through the JRS USA website. The same applies to Switzerland, Germany, Canada and Austria where you can give through our partner offices, indicating your donation is meant for JRS.